Shaw's Ranch, Texas

History

Shaw's Ranch, in northeastern Callahan County, was one of the first two post offices established in the county. The office opened on February 26, 1877, with Archer J. Shaw as first postmaster. On April 17, 1877, he was succeeded as postmaster by Isaac Shaw, who stayed in that position until the post office was discontinued on April 8, 1878. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.