Dressy, Texas

History

Dressy, on the Little Pecan Bayou in southeastern Callahan County, was the center of a ranching area until the late 1870s. Samuel P. Long became the community's first postmaster on April 21, 1899. Dressy had a population of twenty-two in 1903. Its post office was discontinued on January 15, 1912. In 1940 the community reported a population of fifteen and two businesses, and in 1945 a population of fifty. The 1984 county highway map showed only a cemetery at Dressy. Source: Handbook of Texas Online.

Dressy is indicated on a Callahan County map from 1906.

Cemeteries

Dressy Cemetery >>